Monday, April 17, 2006

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Mojo Sauce (476)

  • Date: Sunday, April 16, 2006 (Easter!) - 8pm
  • Location: Cambridge, MA
  • Kitchen: Alex's Apartment
  • Fellow Chefs: Alex, Marco, and Mike
  • Recipe Rating: A-
We had a little tiff in the car in the grocery store parking lot about which grilled dish we should make, but we finally settled on this one. I think it was a good choice because this pork was excellent. The sauce had great flavor -- the citrus and garlic were a really great combination. The meat itself was quite succulent. The grill gave the pork a fantastic sear which resulted in the meat having a wonderful carmelized crust flavored with oregano. Overall a very easy and very tasty dish. All of us liked it quite a lot (and the four of us don't agree on much!).

Yesterday being Easter reminded me of my favorite easter moment. When I was young my dad used to take me to the Unitarian church in Madison for Easter. One year, when I was probably 14, they handed out Easter eggs at the end of service. The litte children in the congregation had decorated them, and most of them were covered in stars and stickers -- the usual stuff. Each person was handed one Easter egg. When I got mine, I looked at it and was trying to figure out what was drawn on it. It looked like some sort of wave, drawn in crayon, going around the egg. Then I noticed that there was also a set of axes labelled x and y and near the bottom of the egg it said y = sin(x). It was so strange. I interpreted this as a sign that I was meant to be a mathematician.

1 comment:

marco said...

I find it slightly distasteful that someone would destroy the cylindrical symmetry by introducing a y-axis.

Sincerely,
Marco