Sunday, April 30, 2006

Chicken Scarpariello (Page 365)

  • Date: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 7pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Paul
  • Recipe Rating: B
I suggested this one because I was in the mood for chicken, and it had some hot peppers in it, so I thought it would appeal to Paul. It wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. The hot peppers contributed very little heat. If I made it again I would at least double the number of peppers added. The meat came out nice and juicy with a good flavor. I didn't really like the chicken skin in this dish. I only like the skin still on the chicken if it is crispy (e.g. a roasted chicken, or chicken pieces finished in the broiler, etc...). In this dish the skin wasn't crispy, and it just seemed a little gross. I ended up peeling the skin off my meat before eating it. The red bell peppers and onions were really nice in the sauce. Overall it was enjoyable enough to eat but I wouldn't make it again.

This is recipe number 100 of my project!!! I am so excited. When I decided to do this project, I knew that I wouldn't quit, but I also would not have guessed that I would make it through 100 recipes in less than 4 months! I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped me out with this project. It has been really fun to cook and eat with various friends. Most of the food hasn't been bad, but some of you have suffered through meals that weren't great. Everyone has had such a positive attitude about the project and I appreciate that so much. A special thank you to those people who have lended the use of their kitchen and/or equipment to the project (Chris, Emilee, Brian, Alex, Paul, my mom...), and to those people who have been kind enough to let me make food from The Book for their special occasions (Bridget, Mike, Vigleik...). When I started out I really thought of this as my project, but now I think of it as our project. So many people have helped out by cooking, and/or eating, and/or critiquing the food. Thank you all! 100 recipes down, 1193 to go!

2 comments:

ana rita said...

congratulations! happy 100th
:)

Teena said...

Thanks!