Thursday, April 06, 2006

Olive and Eggplant Spread (Page 11)

  • Date: Sunday, April 2, 2006 - 1pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Recipe Rating: ???

So I made this for the dinner party that was supposed to happen on Sunday, but didn't. I didn't taste it right after I made it, and then I ended up so sick this week that I never felt well enough to want to eat something so strongly flavored. Now, I feel a bit better, but it is too old to eat. So, I have no idea if it's good or not! It looks pretty, and it smells really briny. That's about all I have to offer by way of commentary!

Being sick sucks! Yesterday I felt terrible all day. I spent the whole day in bed, watching TV shows purchased from the Apple Music Store on my laptop. I was too dizzy even to read! I tried a variety of different shows to distract me from how horrible I felt. The most successful: Project Runway. I had never seen it before -- it's really fun! Today I actually made it out of bed and in to the department to teach my class (and John's). I did have to spend much of the afternoon napping on the sofa in my office, but it's still progress!

One thing I dislike about being sick, aside from feeling shitty, is that it is really hard to enjoy eating when you feel sick. Yesterday I wasn't hungry all day and nothing sounded good. I finally force-fed myself 2 Cliff Bars and a bowl of Clifford Crunch (read: fake Cheerios). Today there was a point when I was actually genuinely hungry. I view that as an excellent sign that I am on the mend!

One good thing about being sick: I didn't have to go out in the snow yesterday (yes, snow!). As it was, I could stay inside and hold on to my belief that it is spring!

No comments: