Saturday, April 15, 2006

Taco Salad with Salsa Vinaigrette (Page 164)

  • Date: Friday, April 14, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Paul
  • Recipe Rating: B+

Paul had trouble picking a dish without oysters in it, so I picked out this one. It was really quite good. The beef was juicy with good cumin flavor, and the vinaigrette was excellent. We deep-fried some corn tortillas to make fresh chips for the salad, and not surprisingly they added a lot to the dish. This recipe is very quick, and while the salad it produces isn't extremely fancy, or impressive in appearance, it does taste really good!

I realized last night that I hadn't written in my blog since last weekend. Paul kindly pointed out that at that rate it would take me more than a couple decades to finish the project! So, I'm trying to get back in the swing of things a little! I am finally feeling not-sick, which is a great feeling after nearly 2 weeks of feeling shitty. I am ready to cook again!

Earlier today I finally sold my dead car. I was surprised both by how easy it was to sell it and how much I was able to get for it. In reality, I sold it for not very much at all. But I wasn't expecting to really be able to sell it, so it was a pleasant surprise! I got one last picture of me with Lipschitz before saying goodbye. Actually, this may be the only picture ever taken with me and my car...

No comments: