Taco Salad with Salsa Vinaigrette (Page 164)
- Date: Friday, April 14, 2006 - 8pm
- Location: Somerville, MA
- Kitchen: My Apartment
- Fellow Chef: Paul
- Recipe Rating: B+
Paul had trouble picking a dish without oysters in it, so I picked out this one. It was really quite good. The beef was juicy with good cumin flavor, and the vinaigrette was excellent. W
e deep-fried some corn tortillas to make fresh chips for the salad, and not surprisingly they added a lot to the dish. This recipe is very quick, and while the salad it produces isn't extremely fancy, or impressive in appearance, it does taste really good!I realized last night that I hadn't written in my blog since last weekend. Paul kindly pointed out that at that rate it would take me more than a couple decades to finish the project! So, I'm trying to get back in the swing of things a little! I am finally feeling not-sick, which is a great feeling after nearly 2 weeks of feeling shitty. I am ready to cook again!
Earlier today I finally sold my dead car. I was surprised both by how easy it was to sell it and how much I was able to get for it. In reality, I sold it f
or not very much at all. But I wasn't expecting to really be able to sell it, so it was a pleasant surprise! I got one last picture of me with Lipschitz before saying goodbye. Actually, this may be the only picture ever taken with me and my car...

No comments:
Post a Comment