Sunday, April 09, 2006

Blueberry Muffins (Page 641)

  • Date: Sunday, April 9, 2006 - 11am
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Jessie and Everton
  • Recipe Rating: B

I made these muffins for breakfast because I ran out of Cliff Bars! The muffin batter was unusually dense, and the muffins came out quite dense once baked. They are nice and moist though, with a good flavor. I don't particularly like the topping -- it is too floury. I made these with frozen blueberries, which worked well but meant that I had to bake them longer than indicated. Overall, these muffins aren't anything special, but they aren't bad at all.

I have finally started feeling better this weekend! I have my appetite, and some of my energy back. I didn't cook much this weekend, as I didn't want to take the chance of infecting anyone else with my illness, but I did have some amazing food. The highlight: dinner on Friday at Oleana. I had never been there before and it was excellent.

My goal for the weekend was to simplify my life a little bit. Tonight, as I was heading in to the office to finish something up, I realized that I felt very unburdened. Lately my life has felt complicated. In reality, most of those "complications" have been very positive additions to my life. Nonetheless, the complexity of it all was causing me stress. This weekend I simplified things. When I woke up this morning, I didn't feel sure that the decisions I made in doing so were good ones. But heading to the office tonight, ginger-lemon tea in hand, I felt very free. In that moment I realized that sometimes the shear simplicity of things can be a huge blessing.

No comments: