- Date: Sunday, December 30, 2007 -- 6pm
- Location: Westerville, OH
- Kitchen: Dave and Karen's House
- Fellow Chef: Matty
- Dining Companions: Karen H, Dave, Brad, and Deniz
- Recipe Rating: B+
The salad options from The Book are starting to run low, so I picked this one more or less by default. I had a bad feeling about this recipe (hence I put it off so long) but actually, it was pretty good. It is a simple green salad: iceberg, watercress, and celery, with a blue cheese dressing. The dressing was much milder than I had anticipated it would be. I myself would have preferred a stronger blue cheese flavor (as I love blue cheese), but I am sure most people would be happy with the amount of blueness it had. The combination of iceberg with watercress was interesting. Iceberg provided a nice base for the salad and the watercress gave it a peppery bite. There was nothing amazing about this salad, but it was good, and went well with the simple meal we we having (pizza!).
Here is the recipe.
It's a few days into 2008, and it is about time that I made some resolutions for the new year. So here I go:
- Respond to emails faster -- Poor Emilee and V and some other dear friends haven't yet given up on emailing me despite my ridiculously poor response times! I need to do better.
- Run 5 consecutive 8 minute miles -- I love to run, but I run so slowly. I am going to try to pick up the pace a little bit this year.
- Meet more people in Bloomington.
- Be less mathematically shy -- This is an ongoing effort...
- Eat less candy.
- Get back in shape. I was in great shape when I was training to do my pull-up, but since then I haven't put so much effort into my physical fitness.
- Write thank-you notes. Simple, yes, but I am phenomenally bad at it.
- Cook 320 recipes from The Book this year.