Sunday, January 13, 2008

Kir Royale Sorbet (Page 861)

  • Date: Sunday, January 6, 2008 -- 9pm
  • Location: Bloomington, IN
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Matty
  • Dining Companions: Paul K, Beth, Lauren K, etc...
  • Recipe Rating: A


We had dinner at Paul and Beth's house last weekend and I was looking for something from The Book to bring. Beth had mentioned to me that some of her favorite drinks are those with creme de cassis in them, so I thought some nice Kir Royale sorbet would be appropriate. This sorbet was excellent. It contained all the makings of a Kir Royale: a healthy dose of champagne, and creme de cassis. The base flavor was that of raspberry though (I suppose on the basis that Kir Royales sometimes have raspberries dropped in them). The combination worked extremely well. It was an excellent raspberry sorbet (flavorful -- not too sweet) with a delicious boozy kick. The texture was also quite nice. In fact, I think this was one of the best sorbets I have had. Everyone seemed to enjoy it very much (especially Lauren, who had enough servings that I was worried I was getting her drunk!). I highly recommend this recipe.

Here is the recipe.



Today was one of those days where it took more willpower than it should have to accomplish anything at all. It was especially pathetic since the things I was trying to accomplish were pretty minimal: grocery shopping, cleaning my apartment, doing a modest amount of work, etc... Usually I am spectacularly lazy on Saturdays, and have regained some focus by Sunday. Yesterday didn't really fit the mold for my lazy Saturday though. It's not like I was terribly productive (ok, truth be told I spent all morning yesterday playing Super Mario Galaxy on Vigleik and Shihchi's Wii), but I did spend much of the day driving, and then another part of the day dealing with the car insurance stuff from my rock + windshield = badness accident on the way home, so it wasn't totally relaxing. What I am saying is this: I had the laziest weekend ever. I am feeling re-energized though, and ready to start the week. So hopefully my lazy weekend will be followed by a productive week!

No comments: