Sunday, November 25, 2007

Black-Bottom Caramel Pudding (Page 825)

  • Date: Friday, November 23, 2007 -- 8pm
  • Location: Westerville, OH
  • Kitchen: Karen and Dave's House
  • Dining Companions: Matty, Brad, Deniz, Karen H, Dave, and Jinx
  • Recipe Rating: A-


I made dessert on Friday night for a dinner with Matty's family. These pudding cups were pretty tasty. The caramel flavor was rich and came through clearly. The consistency of the pudding was also just right -- thick without being clumpy. In general I was quite happy with it. Two minor comments: one, the caramel pudding was a touch sweet. I would have preferred it a little less sugary. Second, it would have been nice to have slightly more chocolate pudding. As it was there was much more caramel pudding than chocolate. An ideal ratio would have been about two parts caramel pudding to one part chocolate pudding. Overall though it was a solid dessert and I think most people enjoyed it.

Here is the recipe.

I am back in Bloomington now after a long, fun holiday weekend in Ohio. It was awesome to have a little vacation. I slept a lot, did some cooking, watched TV, went to a play, and had some great conversations. I was ready to come back home today, but I am still trying to motivate to get back to work. I did a little work while I was in Ohio, but mainly I just relaxed. Now, it's back to the real world! I have to teach in the morning, and I should plan my class...

Why is it that when something is a routine it is easy to do it over and over, but once you stop your routine it is so hard to get started again? When I am in my exercise mode, I can hit the gym every day without thinking twice, but if I don't go for a week, it takes a serious push to get me back there. I am feeling that way tonight about planning my class. Normally it's a piece of cake, but tonight I am just not feeling it. After a couple days off, I can't motivate! I'll get back in the swing of things though for these last couple weeks of class. I can't believe there are only two weeks of classes left! Crazy!

No comments: