Thursday, November 15, 2007

Toasted Bread Crumbs (Page 558)

  • Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 --7pm
  • Location: Bloomington, IN
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: A-


This was a component recipe for some stuffed peppers I made last night. I'll summarize for you: take some fresh bread crumbs. Toast them. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt. Oh wait, that wasn't a summary -- that was the whole "recipe." What can I say? Toasted breadcrumbs are always delicious. Oil and salt make them even more delicious. So if you are willing to call this a recipe, I would say that it is a good one. If you don't need instructions on how to toast bread, then you can just skip this one!

Here is the recipe.

I have so many food associations, that often when I am cooking I think about the wonderful people in my life that the food reminds me off. Anything with strawberries reminds me of Emilee, who loves them more than anyone else I have ever met. Cranberries remind me of my father. Bacon reminds me of a number of men from my past (do I specifically attract men who love bacon, or do all men love bacon?) Recipes like this one: ridiculously easy, with three ingredients and obvious directions, remind me of Vero. If she had been here when I made this one, no doubt there would have been ridicule. She would have made fun of me for weeks afterwards. Anyone who has ever asked Vero about recipes for rice can verify this. Thinking about it makes me miss cooking with my friends in Boston. Next semester I hope to make longer trips back there, and hopefully everyone will still be willing to cook with me! I should make sure to save some special recipes like this one, just for Vero!

2 comments:

vero said...

You have an inner vero! My work is done.

Teena said...

Yup, apparently it is!