Thursday, June 08, 2006

Gingered Noodle Salad with Mango and Cucumber (Page 149)

  • Date: Monday, June 5, 2006 - 7pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Paul
  • Recipe Rating: C-

Paul was in town for two days early this week so we made dinner one last time before he moved away. This salad wasn't very good. I like all the components, but the salad just wasn't at all cohesive. The fruit and vegetables did not incorporate with the cellophane noodles. The dressing had good flavor but it was very light, which meant that you could hardly taste it on any of the components other than the noodles. The dish came across like eating some seasoned noodles with pieces of mango and cucumber on top. It wasn't very appetizing.

Today was a little bit difficult. The doctoral hooding ceremony at MIT was today. I was so happy for Mike, Bridget, and Vigleik as they got hooded. At the same time though it really cemented for me the fact that they are leaving MIT. When I decided not to graduate this year, I knew that watching my good friends graduate and leave would be difficult. I don't regret my decision to stay at MIT another year, but when I try to think about what next year will look like without Mike, Bridge, and V, it scares me a little.

Further, I always get worried when friends move away that I won't do a good enough job of keeping in touch. I am more than a little phone shy, which isn't a great quality for long-distance friendships.

*sigh* Basically I am just worrying today. You know, I am sure everything will be fine. It just seems that a lot of things are changing lately. I sometimes need some time to adjust to changes...

No comments: