Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Page 5)

  • Date: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 9pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Chris' Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Chris
  • Recipe Rating: B+
The online random number generator picked the page number for this recipe. These roasted green pumpkin seeds were pretty good. The recipe was very quick and the seeds were certainly very snackable. I needed to add a little more salt than indicated in order to get a good saltiness. Chris noted that they didn't have as much "pizazz" as some of the other snacks I have made from The Book (e.g. the Rosemary Walnuts). (Side Note: I didn't even make fun of him for using the word pizazz. I was very proud of myself for that. I guess I am making fun of him now though, so maybe I shouldn't be so proud.... hmmm....). Overall, this recipe makes a very quick snack that would be perfect for a big poker game, or a Superbowl party, pizazz or no.

The last two days have really given meaning for me to the phrase "When it rains, it pours." They have just been awful. It's never good when problems with work and personal problems compound. At this point, I just feel exhausted. The last few days I have been so distracted trying to resolve my work problems that I haven't been eating, which never helps my mood. Perhaps that has contributed to my personal problems! At 4pm today I realized I hadn't yet eaten a meal. Not a good sign. Even then nothing sounded appealing, so I just grabbed a smoothie and went back to work. I finally resolved part of my work problem today though, and all of the personal problems, so I am more optimistic about tomorrow.

I had nightmare after nightmare last night, so I didn't sleep much. One of them was pretty funny in restrospect (although scary at the time). In the dream, there was a Stanford Army and they were invading MIT. Although no one at MIT understood why we were being invaded, the MIT Army was called on to defend the campus. I was apparently in the MIT Army Reserve and so I was pulled in to the warfare. Strangely, Haynes was the head of the MIT Army, which doesn't really seem like the sort of job he would enjoy... He lead a very defensive mission ('Don't fire unless fired upon," etc...). A lot of the battles took place in the MIT gym building, and I ended up getting shot by a Stanford undergraduate. I was wounded , but ok. I also had a grenade thrown at me, but that didn't appear to do any damage. Just when I was taken to the hospital for my gunshot wound, the Stanford Army seemed to be retreating. Then I woke up. It was very odd.

No comments: