Friday, June 23, 2006

Roasted Pepper and White Bean Spread (Page 13)

  • Date: Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 7pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Emilee and Brian's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Emilee
  • Dining Companions: Brian, Karen, Bret, Kai-Mei, and Stanford Mike
  • Recipe Rating: C+

I picked this one as an easy appetizer for our dinner party last night. This recipe wasn't bad, it was just really dull. We all ate it, but no one was too excited about it. To be fair, we omitted the optional anchovy fillet. Maybe the anchovy would have given the spread more depth of flavor. As it was, it just tasted like pureed roasted red peppers, diluted a bit with some beans. It wasn't terribly appealing. The color was nice though.

We had a really lovely dinner party last night. There is something so nice about gathering friends together on a warm summer night to drink beer and grill steak. My friend Bret is getting married in August and I hadn't met his finace Karen yet, so it was really fun having them to dinner! They are one of those couples that just immediately seems like a great match. I am so excited for them! I am planning to come back to California for their wedding in August. It sounds like it is going to be an elaborate affair!

Bret and Karen both work for Google and they were telling me last night about Google Spreadsheets which I had never used. It's nice because it is a very easy way to share spreadsheets with others (basically it is cool in the same way that Google Calendar is cool). Paul has been suggesting that I list the recipes in my project on a spreadsheet with their grades so that one could sort easily for the A recipes, etc... I started doing this this morning. I can't figure out how to make the spreadsheet public though -- I can only give permission person by person. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can add you.

No comments: