Sunday, June 11, 2006

Triple-Chocolate Fudge Brownies (Page 689)

  • Date: Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 6pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Jessie and Jose
  • Recipe Rating: A-

I was in the mood for something sweet (as always!) and I picked these brownies because I already had all the ingredients. As the name suggests, these brownies are awesome. They are fudgy, and chocolatey, and delicious! I used really good Michel Cluizel chocolate in the batter, and I replaced some of the chocolate chips with chunks of single origin El Rey chocolate that I had in my pantry. The brownies came out flavorful, and moist, and wonderful. I think they are some of the best brownies I have ever had. The multiple types of chocolate give them a much deeper and more interesting flavor than your average brownie. I highly recommend this recipe!

I had a very mellow day today. I went to the homeless shelter, and then to the office. Then I came home, made brownies, worked some more, and went to Diesel with John for a late night cup of tea. Today was a fun day at the homeless shelter. I made an enormous salad with two of the other volunteers. I think I washed 12 heads of romaine before I figured out that the salad spinner had a hole in the bottom and was draining onto the counter and then onto the floor. There was a little lake around me. We had spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, and garlic bread for lunch at the shelter today. It was really good! The food there isn't bad per se, but at any given meal I usually only eat one or two components of it. I'm not big on most canned food, and a lot of the things we make come from cans... This was the second week in a row that the food was really good though, and I ate everything we made!

So I think some of you out there have acquired The Book yourselves and have made some things out of it (hint, hint: Paul). You all should comment to the blog when you make things from The Book. Let me know if you disagree with my rating, or, if I haven't made it yet, let me know how it is! I would love to hear about everyone else's cooking adventures!

No comments: