Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Homemade Sausage Patties (Page 492)

  • Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 -7pm
  • Location: Hartsville, SC
  • Kitchen: My Parents' House
  • Fellow Chef: Mom
  • Dining Companion: Dad
  • Recipe Rating: A-

My mom and I made these sausages to go with our Puffed Apple Pancake last week when I was in South Carolina. They were extremely good! The sausages were simple to make, and the seasoning was wonderful! The many spices in the recipe complemented one another beautifully to produce really tasty sausage. One note: my patties actually took much longer to cook through than the time indicated in the recipe. I would say that they took at least twice as long, but then they came out perfectly cooked: very moist inside but with a browned, crispy exterior.

So it sounds like I may have to find a new roommate for next year. My current roommate started dating someone a few weeks ago and they are now talking about moving in together. They haven't totally decided yet, so I am trying not to worry about it. I don't want to find a new roommate though! I like living with Jessie. Plus, I am not sure that anyone I know is looking for a roommate for the fall, which may mean that I have to live with a stranger. I haven't lived with a stranger in a long time. I don't like living alone though, so I'll have to figure something out! Yick!

Being away from Boston last week was really refreshing. I was so tired when the semester ended, but now I am feeling really energized and motivated which is exciting. I leave for California in a week, so I am trying to have a productive few days before then. I want to get some work done, and also do some (late) spring cleaning around my apartment. I started cleaning my room this morning, which basically amounted to throwing lots of stuff away! Tonight, after work and the gym, I am going to continue getting rid of some things... I really have a lot of stuff I don't need.

No comments: