Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Layered Cobb Salad (Page 162)

  • Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 7:30pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Emilee and Brian's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Emilee
  • Dining Companions: Brian and Chris
  • Recipe Rating: B+

Emilee and I picked this salad while sitting in her car in the Whole Foods parking lot. Although it was a very typical simple Cobb salad, we both thought it was quite good. Brian agreed that it wasn't bad but thought it shouldn't be served as a dinner entree, and Chris hated it, but only because he has a strong aversion to Roquefort (well, really any blue cheese). We started with really good, fresh ingredients, which made for a very clean, tasty salad. The dressing had a nice flavor, but we didn't need all of it. The blue cheese contributed both a good flavor, and a creaminess to the salad. Overall, this dish wasn't anything terribly out of the ordinary, but it was a good, enjoyable salad.

I made it to California yesterday. It's good to have a change of scenery. I love living in Boston, but the past few days I was starting to feel like everyone is abandoning me. Paul moved away, Bridget moved to Chicago on Monday, Mike and Vigleik are leaving soon, and Jessie officially decided to move out of our apartment and in with her new boyfriend. It's just a lot of changes in a short period of time. I think being away for a bit will be good for me.

I enjoy being in California so much. Today I had a lovely day. I got up at 7am and went for an early morning swim outside. Then I went to the math department at Stanford and worked. I am in the same office I had in January, so it feels very familiar. This evening, after a productive day of work, Emilee and I grocery shopped and made dinner, and we ate with Brian and Chris. It was a really nice day. I am exhausted now though. It's only 11pm here, but I think I haven't adjusted yet to Pacific time. It feels very late.

No comments: