Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hot Fudge Sauce (Page 874)

  • Date: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 -- 8:30pm
  • Location: Charlottesville, VA
  • Kitchen: Mike's Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Matty, Tom, and Ashley
  • Recipe Rating: A-


I made profiteroles for dessert one night a couple weeks ago, and this hot fudge sauce was the recommended accompaniment. It was tasty. It had an indulgently rich chocolate flavor without being overly sweet. The texture was also perfect: appropriately thick, but not clumpy. If you are looking to make ice cream shop hot fudge, this is your recipe. It was tasty on the profiteroles, and also just by the spoonful! Tom suggested that it might have been more interesting with some booze added to it, but if you are looking for a basic hot fudge, this is the recipe for you!

Here is the recipe.

The last six weeks have held more major events than most years: handing in my thesis, graduation, Michael's death and funeral...

Lately I have found myself craving a normal day. A day where I work, and eat, and go to the gym. A day that is simple. At long last, today I had that day. I did some work, went to seminar, had a long run, ate macaroni and cheese from a box, etc... It was just a completely normal day, and that felt great! I still don't feel completely like myself -- I suppose that takes time -- but I did feel today like I was reclaiming my life.

Added bonus: I discovered that even after a nearly 4 week hiatus, I can still do a pull-up!

No comments: