Friday, June 01, 2007

Stilton Sauce (Page 884)

  • Sunday, May 20, 2007 -- 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: Matty's Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: A


This recipe came off the list generated by the random number generator. This sauce was delicious! The Book recommended eating it on steak. We ate it on broccoli and it was amazing. I love blue cheese, and stilton is a great blue cheese. This sauce made it even better though. The butter and cream both gave the sauce a magnificent texture, and mellowed out the somewhat harsh flavor of stilton. The white wine reduction gave the sauce a lot of depth of flavor. This sauce was a winner. It tasted great, and the texture (both in terms of the viscosity and the smoothness) was spot on. This is a very lovely sauce!

Believe it or not, I did it! With 7 days to spare, today I did a pull-up!!!!

I had my doubts that I was going to do it. Who am I kidding, when I made this goal I thought it was impossible. But I guess it goes to show that if you put enough effort into something, you can produce shocking results.

I only wish that Matt had been there to see it! It's almost as much his accomplishment as mine, as he designed the brutal training regime that led to this miracle. I also owe thanks to Mike, who first got me started going to the gym at MIT years ago, and Marco, who introduced me to the wonder of weight-lifting (and those yellow record sheets that I have now been through so many of).

Well, now my two pre-graduation goals are complete: 1. Finish my PhD. 2. Do a pull-up. I'm still going to keep working out as hard as I have been though, so I can replicate my pull-up accomplishment when Matt is back in town next week.

Yay for small victories!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was there a witness?

MG

Teena said...

Well probably some strangers in the gym, but no one I know. I did it though, I swear!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of The Culinary Art's.. I see you changed some classic technique's... You can do this but typically no longer the classic sauce.. Thank you for mentioning your changes.. So many times I see people changing os skipping steps... This is a very important part of creating the sauces...Great job!!! Keep expanding your knowledge and techniques.. Please do the research and gain knowledge from a certified chef , "like me" . to help and give you honest props and answer the real difficult Q's as some you gain from just cheer experience's in the Restaurant world...

Miestro de cucina Italia Blanquiz