Thursday, June 14, 2007

London Broil with Ravigote Sauce (Page 438)

  • Date: Sunday, May 27, 2007 -- 8pm
  • Location: Cambridge, MA
  • Kitchen: Alex and Gunther's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Alex
  • Dining Companions: Gunther, Andreas, Jocelyn, and Katiri
  • Recipe Rating: A-


Alex and I always choose something grilled from The Book when we cook at his place, since he has a grill and I don't. This dish was a winner. The meat was beautifully cooked and the marinade gave it a nice flavor, particularly on the exterior. The sauce was flavorful without being heavy, and consequently provided a nice contrast to the richness of the beef. I appreciate when red meat is served with a pungent, briny, herb-filled sauce rather than a meaty sauce, and this recipe was a beautiful execution of that idea. The sauce was a little bitter (as mentioned in the post below), but other than that, I had no complaints about this dish. It was very tasty, and pretty simple to make.

After several extremely restful days in a row, I am starting to feel like myself again. Last night some people came over, and I made a real dinner for the first time in a couple weeks. It felt good to cook again. The goal for today is to go to the gym. After weeks of working out every day, I just stopped the week-end Michael died and I haven't been back since. I think it's time though... No doubt a good run and some weights will only make me feel better. Probably I won't be able to do my pull-up any more though, which is especially sad because after all his hard work training me to do it, Matt never saw my pull-up success! Mike saw it though, so at least I have someone to back-up my claims!

No comments: