Monday, May 15, 2006

Fresh Tomato Salsa (Page 896)

  • Date: Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Cambridge, MA
  • Kitchen: Alex's Apartment
  • Fellow Chefs: Mike and Alex
  • Recipe Rating: B
I picked this salsa to go with out fajitas last night. It was pretty good -- nothing amazing, but fresh salsa is always nice. It was a bit too spicy for my taste, but I'm a little more sensitive to spice than most people. We had a little miscommunication in the kitchen which resulted in our onions for the salsa getting grilled instead of being raw. It was an accident but I think the grilled onion contributed a nice flavor to it. It was a little unusual having the onions cooked and the other ingredients raw, but it wasn't bad!

I had several exciting triumphs today. First, I finally finished level 15 of Nibbles, this computer game I play once in a while from work when I need a break! The first 14 levels weren't bad, but I have been stuck on level 15 for more than a month! True, I only play about once a week, but still... it's been a long time. Today I passed it though -- finally! And then.... my computation that has been giving me grief finally worked out! I was so excited! After correcting the error that Tyler found, and spending many hours redoing everything, it all worked out beautifully! I'm so happy! I finished the computation around 5pm and then I went to the gym, ate some pasta, and relaxed with a DVD and a glass of wine. Perfect!

2 comments:

ana rita said...

I like that picture.

(and now I feel like having mexican food... at 11pm)

Teena said...

Thanks!

Any time is a good time for Mexican food!