Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Scrambled Eggs with Cream Cheese and Chives (Page 627)

  • Date: Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 1pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Alex, Jacob, Vero, Josh, Ana, Matt, Peter, Vigleik, Izzet
  • Recipe Rating: A-

I made these eggs for my brunch gathering on Saturday. They were quite good. The cream cheese really added a great creaminess to the eggs, without being noticable as cream cheese. The chives contributed a nice flavor. This dish is incredibly simple, and the recipe is easy to expand for however many people you need to serve. This is a perfect casual brunch dish for a big crowd.

I have been in South Carolina for almost two days now, and I have exhausted every thing there is to do in Hartsville! We've been to the coffee shop (twice!), the shoe store, the video store, the grocery store, even the dentist! I think the people at the grocery store don't like me so much. I keep buying produce that the check-out people can't identify. Yesterday it was shallots, today apricots. The cashier just held up the bag and gave me a very confused look until I identified what was in it!

This morning I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. It turns out I have my first cavity! I thought only children get cavities! I'm very upset about this. Maybe I ate too much candy post-Easter. I am having it filled tomorrow (they were able to squeeze me in -- lucky me). I am not excited. I plan to cheer myself up by wearing the t-shirt I bought today to the dentist tomorrow. It says "Thank God for Country Boys." I love it!

6 comments:

ana rita said...

again I state, the eggs were de-li-ci-ous!
(is that how you divide delicious into syllables?)

Teena said...

I'm glad you liked the eggs! I think it's de-li-cious (I know, syllables are confusing).

Sandra said...

Where do I find your recipe for the Scrambled Eggs with Cream Cheese and Chives? I'm new to this site.
Thank you,

Teena said...

Hi Sandra,

The recipe for these eggs is here: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/13305

toni said...

I was looking for a recipe for eggs with cream cheese because of a recent visit to a BB in Wimberly, Texas...we wre served eggs with cream cheese, dill, and parsley.Maybe you can try the dill too!

Teena said...

Mmm... I bet dill would be good!