Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Mint (Page 585)

  • Date: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 -8:45pm
  • Location: Cambridge, MA
  • Kitchen: Paul's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Paul
  • Recipe Rating: B
Paul and I picked this recipe because it looked like it would be pretty quick, and tasty. The recipe couldn't have been easier -- start to finish it took less than 15 minutes. And the tomatoes came out tasting good. They were juicy and tender and very flavorful. The mint and tomato combination was a good one - a nice change from the more canonical tomato and basil pairing.

It's raining today and 49 degrees outside. I am told that we are supposed to get 10 consecutive days of rain here! It's not exactly ideal weather for the middle of May... I grew up in Wisconsin (which I loved!) but admittedly the weather there is not so nice. So, when I decided to come to MIT I figured I would be prepared for the nasty Boston weather. It turns out that 4 years of college in sunny Northern California made me soft! My first couple of winters in Boston I was so cold all the time. Even now, when it rains, and rains for days, I think longingly of the California sun. Going to Stanford from Wisconsin was amusing. All the Stanford students from Southern California would complain constantly about how bad the weather was at Stanford. It never failed to make me laugh. I remember walking out the door of my freshman door with a friend and when she noticed it was drizzling she turned to me angrily and asked, "How do they expect us to learn in weather like this?" I laughed so hard I almost cried. Seriously though, I hope the weather forecasters are wrong. I don't want to go a week and a half without seeing the sun!

No comments: