Monday, May 15, 2006

Salmon Cooked on Salt (Page 289)

  • Date: Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 7:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Paul
  • Recipe Rating: A-
I suggested this recipe because we were trying to pick something from the "Fish and Shellfish" section and this sounded good. Paul looked quite skeptical throughout the cooking process, but in the end he agreed that this dish came out very well. The fish was perfectly cooked - very flaky and juicy. And although there was no seasoning on or with the fish aside from salt and pepper, the dish came out very flavorful. Plus, the method couldn't be simpler. We ate this with the porcini risotto and it was just a fabulous meal!

The term is almost over at MIT -- this is the last week of classes! Once the term ends, and I have a more flexible schedule, I am going to try to attack some of the more demanding recipes in The Book. I've been making good progress lately on this project, but because I am always a little crunched for time, I have been picking mainly things that are quick to make. I fear that the last year or so of the project I will only have hugely ambitious things left (like the wedding cake, and the cure-your-own bacon recipe). Also, since lately I have been selecting mainly things I like, at the end I am going to have a lot of things I don't really like left to do. So, I think this summer I am going to attempt to return to my random number selection. That will force me to do both the more difficult things, and the things I don't like as much. Sounds fun, huh?!? Maybe I will start my random number selection while I am in California. My friends at Stanford were very willing to eat random food when I was there in January!

No comments: