Sunday, May 07, 2006

Herbed Bulgur (Page 262)

  • Date: Friday, May 5, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Paul
  • Dining Companion: Jessie
  • Recipe Rating: B+
I picked this one because I wanted some grain dish to go with dinner, and bulgur seemed like a good idea. This recipe was quite good. I might have preferred it with not quite so many herbs, so that the flavor of the bulgur could come through more, but I still quite enjoyed it. I think this dish would be very good as a side dish to a nice fish entree. Since the main course for this meal on Friday was really bad (more on that later) I ate pretty much only this bulgur for dinner. And it wasn't a bad meal.

I had a nice weekend. I did a lot of cooking, and a lot of relaxing which pretty much guarantees a successful weekend for me! This afternoon, after The Walk for Hunger, Bridget and I made a cake for Vigleik's thesis defense tomorrow. Now I am just sitting on the sofa, eating popcorn and trying not to let my shirt touch the nasty sunburn on the back of my neck (apparently sunblock would have been a good idea at the walk checkpoint today). I spent much of this evening trying to figure out why my arms are so sunburned and my hands are still totally pale. Finally, Paul said, "it almost looks like you were wearing gloves." He was joking when he said it, but he was right -- I was wearing latex gloves the whole time I was working at the checkpoint! It was pretty embarassing that I hadn't thought of that. Apparently the sun must have burned a few of my brain cells today too! Whoops!

No comments: