Monday, May 15, 2006

Risotto with Porcini (Page 256)

  • Date: Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 7:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Paul
  • Recipe Rating: A

Paul picked out this recipe. It was amazing! I love risotto, but even for risotto this was exceptionally good. The texture was perfectly creamy and the rice was tender but still al dente. And while I don't usually get too excited about mushrooms, the porcini in this dish contributed a wonderful flavor. Simply put, it was a great dish!

It is Monday morning, and still raining! I have stopped counting how many days of rain it has been... I've also stopped looking at the weather forecast for the next week -- too depressing!

On a happier note, I think my math mystery may have been solved! I am still working it out, but Tyler found a mistake in what I had done previously (yay for Tyler!) and now that I have corrected it, I think everything is going to work out perfectly. I'm so excited! I am trying to contain my excitement until I get the last few details worked out, but I already feel hugely relieved. The one nice thing about the rain is that it makes it easy to stay inside and work a lot! I don't feel too tempted to venture outside.

No comments: