Saturday, July 08, 2006

Cheddar and Garlic-Stuffed Potatoes (Page 571)

  • Date: Tuesday, July 4, 2006 - 7pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Emilee and Brian's Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Emilee
  • Dining Companions: Brian and Chris
  • Recipe Rating: B+

We picked these twice-baked potatoes to go with our 4th of July meal. They were really good. This is the sort of cooking that Emilee refers to as cheating: starting with some wonderful carbohydrate and adding really tasty fatty things. How could it be bad?!? This was ideal comfort food. If I made them again I would add more garlic and a little more cheese to the filling. I didn't think the cheese and garlic flavors came through quite as much as they could have. Some carmelized shallots on top would also be a nice addition. Overall though, while this recipe isn't fancy, the potatoes do taste really good! It was perfect food for the 4th of July!

I have been shocked on a number of occasions in the last few months by how beautiful it is when someone is able to calmly articulate what they want and gracefully accept if they aren't able to have it. I really want to bring that in to my own life. It's hard though - that kind of patience and grace really doesn't come so naturally to me. Plus, when I talked to Mike about this he told me he would feel like he didn't know me any more if I wasn't at least a little dramatic! I will have to keep that in mind!

Lunch time! Mmmm.... leftovers....

No comments: