Sunday, July 30, 2006

Cucumber Soup with Wasabi Avocado Cream (Page 86)

  • Date: Friday, July 28, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Marco
  • Dining Companions: Mike, Vigleik, and Shihchi
  • Recipe Rating: B

Mike and I picked this soup because it was really hot on Friday and we though a cold soup would be a nice addition to our dinner. This soup was unusual, but tasty. The soup itself was a little bland -- it really tasted only of pureed cucumbers. However, the wasabi avocado cream was a nice complement and contributed a lot of flavor. I thought that there could have been even more lime and wasabi in the cream though. I wasn't a huge fan of the texture of the soup. Even after extensive time in the blender it wasn't completely smooth. Overall though it was a nice, weather appropriate dish. I think Shihchi summarized it best by saying that the soup was "not as scary as it looks!"

I went out to Southboro this afternoon to swim and have dinner with Michael, Richard, and Anita. On my way home I was rear-ended while stopped at a red light. It wasn't a big deal - I'm fine and my car is pretty much fine, but it still shook me up a little bit. I don't know if it was the physical jolt of it that left me feeling a little bit off, or rather just the reminder that things you don't expect to happen can happen. Either way, I feel a little dazed.

On a totally different note, Alex updated his index of the blog so that if you are a frequent chef/eater in the project you can click on your name and see all the recipes that you have been a part of. It's really a cool feature! Click on the link labeled "Project Index" on the right of this page to check it out.

No comments: