Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sauteed Halibut Fillets with Pecan Shallot Topping (Page 287)

  • Date: Saturday, July 1, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Chris' Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Chris
  • Dining Companion: Soren
  • Recipe Rating: B
I only had about an hour to make dinner on Saturday, so I needed a really quick entree. I picked this one because in addition to being fast, it looked tasty and I knew I would be able to find halibut at the grocery store. It wasn't bad. I think I have said this before, but I just don't really understand this genre of dish: fish, cooked by itself, with a bunch of stuff put on top afterwards. Everything in this dish tasted good: the fish was fresh and the topping was excellent. But it just didn't feel cohesive. I definitely enjoyed eating this dish, but I would never make it again.

So I need to find a new roommate for next year. Any of you out there have good suggestions? Know anyone fun who is looking for a place to live? Jessie is moving in with her boyfriend, and I opted to stay in our apartment, but I need to find a new roommate. I have heard both positive and negative stories about using Craigs List for this purpose. I would much rather go with someone I know, or at least a friend of someone I know. The couple of times in my life that I have had strangers for roommates, it has worked out reasonably well. It just seems risky though! On the other hand, I made at least one really great friend that way. Rachel and I had only met once prior to moving in together and that worked out beautifully! In fact, I can't even imagine what my senior year in college would have looked like without her in the apartment. She has brought such joy in to my life! Well there's not too much I can do about finding a roommate right now, since I am 3000 miles away from my apartment. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens...

No comments: