Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Dark Chocolate Sauce (Page 873)

  • Date: Saturday, July 1, 2006 - 10pm
  • Location; Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Chris' Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Chris
  • Dining Companion: Soren
  • Recipe Rating: B
I picked this chocolate sauce because I didn't really have time to make a full dessert for our dinner on Saturday, but I did have ice cream in the freezer! It was ok. It was a little dark (bitter) for my taste, but that is a matter of personal preference. The amaretto flavor was a nice addition, although it was a little limiting in terms of what flavors of ice cream the sauce went well with. My only real complaint is that when it was warm the sauce was too thin for putting on ice cream. It would usually just run down the side of the ice cream scoop. Given its consistency, this sauce would be better over cake, or a fruit dessert than as an ice cream topping.

Last night I went to Soren's place to help him pack up all his stuff. He is moving to San Francisco in the fall, but he is travelling so much this summer that he is moving out of his apartment in Palo Alto now. Fortunately I was only helping with the packing half of this move and not the moving half, because the boxes I packed were so heavy that there was no way I could lift them! It was not my fault though -- he has a lot of books! I distributed them evenly amongst the boxes but they were still impossibly heavy.

I don't know why this is, but I find packing other people's stuff way more fun than packing my own stuff. Whenever I move I have to start packing at least a week in advance because I can't pack for more than an hour in a row without needing to stop. Last night, though, Soren and I packed his whole apartment, and it was fun! Maybe having good company is important. That's usually true!

No comments: