Sunday, July 02, 2006

Quick Strawberry Jam (Page 922)

  • Date: Saturday, July 1, 2006 - 11am
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Chris' Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Chris
  • Recipe Rating: A-

I picked this jam because I am trying to make some things from the sections that I haven't made much from yet. I had only made one recipe from the Relishes, Chutneys, Pickles, and Preserves section, so I wanted to make another one. This jam was quite good. The recipe is very quick, as the jam isn't canned. The downside of that is that it only stays good for about two weeks. Luckily, Chris eats a lot of jam, so that's not a problem! The flavor is very nice. I went towards the low end on the amount of sugar I added, and my jam came out pleasantly tart. For a simple homemade jam, this recipe is great!

This morning Soren took me for a ride on his motorcycle. When he took me out in January it was during rush hour, so he had promised that the next time I was in town he would take me for a drive when there was less traffic. So today we went up to Skyline and ate at Alice's Restaurant. It was really fun! I am definitely getting more comfortable on the motorcycle, but the road we took was really windy and I am still a little nervous on the curves. Soren told me not to lean against the turns, so I tried not to -- but it's hard! My intuition is definitely to lean towards being upright! It is a beautiful day today -- perfect for being on a motorcycle and eating lunch outside.

I was a little nervous about getting on the motorcycle today because lately I have been really accident-prone! I am slowly getting bruises all over me. Yesterday I ran in to a bed post and got a huge bruise on my thigh. It really hurts! A few days before that I slammed my arm in to a coffee table. And a few days before that I dropped a chair on my foot! Luckily the motorcycle ride was injury-free!

No comments: