Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Roasted Garlic-Pea Puree on Sourdough Croutes (Page 35)

  • Date: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 7pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Alex
  • Dining Companions: Mike, Vigleik, Shihchi, Craig, Matt, Ricky, Alex, Lauren, Patrick, Marco, Jnkf, Izzet, Jacob, and Peter
  • Recipe Rating: B-

I picked this recipe because it makes a lot of appetizers and I was having a lot of people over for dinner! These croutes weren't too good though. There were various complaints about them. Some people didn't really like the pea puree, others thought they were too oily. I thought all the components tasted ok, but it just didn't really come together to form something appealing. For the amount of time that these took, it would have been easy to put together something really wonderful. This recipe, however, wasn't too inspired.

Last night we had a big potluck dinner. Last summer we had "Tuesday Dinners" every Tuesday night. I would make a big thing of pasta and a bunch of us would gather at my place for dinner. Everyone would bring something and we would all eat a yummy, and eclectic, dinner together. This summer I have hardly been in town so the Tuesday dinner tradition has been difficult to carry out. I wanted to have at least one more of these big dinners before Mike, V, and Shihchi move away though, so 15 of us got together last night for dinner. My living room isn't quite big enough to seat 15, so we had to get a little cozy, but it was still a good time!

This morning I had my annual MRI. Mike came with me to the hospital for moral support. I think I was a little tired, because I somehow managed to fall asleep during the 45 minutes that I was in the MRI machine. Now, if any of you have had MRIs you will know that this is quite a feat. The machine is incredibly loud and vibrates quite violently. Afterwards the technician commented what I great job I did laying still. Apparently sleeping makes for a really good scan! Then they gave me my films, which they have never done before. I was too curious to see the pictures of my brain to tell them that usually they keep the films. Mike and I analyzed them for a while and determined that we know very little about the brain! I think I have to surrender the films to my doctor next week, which is a shame because they are really cool. At least he'll be able to interpret them for me though!

No comments: