Thursday, February 16, 2006

Brown Sugar Fudge (Page 695)

  • Date: Various times in the past (November 2004, December 2005, etc...)
  • Location: Various locations: Cambridge, Somerville
  • Kitchen: Various kitchens
  • Eating Companions: Babytop attendees, Alex's partygoers, etc...
  • Recipe Rating: A-

Ok, I didn't really make this one today. There are a handful of things in The Book that I had already made before I started this project. I figure I don't need to make them again specifically for the project, but in the interest of completeness, I did want to add them to the blog. Anyway, this fudge is amazing. I have made it several times. It has a wonderful brown sugar flavor, a velvety texture, and melts in your mouth! I like to use tiny decorative cutters (e.g. those used to decorate pies) to cut my pieces of fudge. The recipe really makes a lot of fudge.

I am leaving in the morning for the midwest. I am speaking at Northwestern and the University of Chicago early next week, but I am flying out tomorrow and will spend the weekend with my parents in Madison. I would be excited about going home, but the high on Saturday in Madison is apparently going to be 5 degrees F. That's really cold! I'm not bringing The Book with me, so unless I can convince my mom to buy it, I may not be adding any entries for a few days!

Whenever I get really busy with work, I always think of some specific activity that I am really looking forward to doing when things settle down. Today, after 12 hours at the office, I was on my way home a bit before 9pm, dreaming about getting a pedicure. I hadn't had a pedicure in ages, but Em and I went recently in California. I somehow picked out a really hideous orange color. Now, the ugly orange polish is chipping off and I really want a new pedicure. I'm not sure what I like best about the pedicure experience: sitting in the massage chair, having my feet in the little bubble bath, getting my feet rubbed, or actually getting my toe nails painted. It's my favorite personal care indulgence though! I highly recommend it! Maybe I will have time to go with my mom this weekend...

No comments: