Thursday, February 23, 2006

Paprika Chicken (Page 366)

  • Date: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Sous Chef: Andre
  • Dining Companion: Josh
  • Recipe Rating: B

Andre picked this one after an unbelievably long selection process that involved large numbers and residues! It wasn't bad, but also wasn't something I would be eager to make again. Andre pointed out that it didn't have a lot of flavor, which was true, but shocking given the amount of paprika it contained! On the other hand, while the flavor was mild, it did taste good. I also enjoyed the consistency of the sauce. I ended up cooking the dish longer than indicated in the recipe, as the chicken wasn't cooked through after the cooking time suggested. Overall, not bad. -- it made a nice, comforting, winter dish.

Josh and Andre are talking about Dungeons and Dragons right now. That's all I have to say about that.

Now Josh is asking me to spell various difficult words. Since I am ignoring him, Andre is trying to spell them. Andre's spelling is notoriously bad. For several years, he would write Chris' name as Chriss. Finally we corrected him. Another great Andre error: instead of "kicks to the head" he once wrote to me that he had received many "cicks to the head". In his defense, he does speak 6 languages. I suppose it is easy to get confused!

So, I was SO hungry before we ate and I asked Andre to take a picture of the chicken. He took FOREVER setting up the background and the lighting, and then, he finally attempted to take a picture and didn't actually push the button hard enough to take one. So, in the end, furious and hungry, I had to take it. Andre does want credit though, for the lovely green background he set up. Grrrrr.... :)

No comments: