Saturday, February 11, 2006

Island Pork Tenderloin (Page 475)

  • Date: Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 8:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Alex
  • Recipe Rating: A-

This was another page number from the random number generator. This pork was really good. It was rubbed with a spice rub, browned on the stove, then glazed and roasted. The net effect of this was a very flavorful, tender, and juicy tenderloin. I was worried that it was going to be too spicy for me (the recipe has considerable quantities of chili powder and Tabasco), but in fact it turned out that while it was full of spicy flavors, it wasn't fiery. I liked it much more than I thought I would from reading the recipe, which is always a nice surprise!

I know I keep saying this over and over again, but I am having so much fun with this project! You know, I had never made a pork tenderloin before tonight. It's such a simple thing, but for whatever reason, I had just never made one. It was fun to have a cut of meat in my hands that was new to me. I keep flipping through the book, looking at what's ahead of me, and it seems so exciting! I have always loved both math and food. I think the decision to pursue math as a career was the right one, but I think and hope that food and cooking will always be a huge part of my life. This project is a concrete way to keep myself cooking during what is a mathematically very busy period.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi there, I love your blog, I hope you don't mind but I linked it to mine: Adelaide Eating. I will checking on how your recipe odyssey goes. I keep meaning to photograph what I make but I forget in the the frenzy. Bon Appetite fellow gourmet!