Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Garlic Lime Chicken Breasts (Page 355)

  • Date: Monday, February 6, 2006 - 7pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My apartment
  • Recipe Rating: A-

I picked this one because I wanted to make some chicken. This recipe was really excellent. Looking at it, it seemed a little boring: just chicken breasts marinated in garlic and lime, then roasted and finished in the broiler. But actually it was great. The lime flavor was intense and refreshing. The meat was very juicy, and the skin was nice and crispy. It was very enjoyable. I should note that I marinated the meat for 8 hours rather than the 2 hours indicated in the recipe. I made some orzo dressed with some nice extra virgin olive oil and salt to go with the chicken and it made a great meal!

Today was registration day at MIT. Reg day is always a blur, but this time more than most as I didn't sleep at all last night. It was so strange -- I felt fine, but I just laid awake all night, unable to fall asleep. For me, this is highly unusual. An old roommate of mine once summarized my sleeping habits by noting, "Teena could sleep naked on a wet rock." It's true -- 99% of the time I am asleep within 5 minutes of laying down. I used to sleep with a kitchen timer next to my bed so that when my alarm went off I could set it for a few minutes and go back to sleep (my own version of the snooze button). Once I tried to set it for 6 minutes, but accidentally set it for 6 seconds. When it went off 6 seconds later, I had already fallen asleep! Last night gave me a new appreciation for what troubled sleepers must go through -- it was totally miserable not being able to sleep! Hopefully tonight I will return to my regular pattern...

No comments: