Sunday, February 12, 2006

Chocolate and Lemon Cream Cheese Frostings (Page 722)

  • Date: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 1pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Mike, Bridget, Haynes, Peter, Mark, Ricky, Ana, Rekha, and Francesca
  • Recipe Rating: B+

Mike picked out this one. These are the frostings for his birthday cupcakes. Both frostings start from a cream cheese base. The chocolate cream cheese frosting is very chocolatey, and not overwhelmingly sweet, which is quite nice. The lemon cream cheese frosting is a little sweeter, but the sweetness is offset well by the refeshing lemon flavor. Both frostings were very quick to make and piped quite well (although the lemon frosting needed to be chilled for a while first). I liked that this recipe produced two different flavors of frosting with very little added effort. It's nice, when making cupcakes, to have some variety. Mike hates lemon though (and these are his birthday cupcakes!) so I carefully contained the lemon ones in a seperate box from the chocolate ones!

Today is Mike's birthday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE! We are having cupcakes in the department tomorrow to celebrate. It's tradition to have cake at school for Mike's birthday. I support pretty much all traditions that involve cake!

Today we got a lot of snow. The picture is the view out the window of our guest room in the middle of the day. I couldn't make it to Rosie's this morning, as none of the streets in my neighborhood had been plowed. In fact, I didn't leave home all day. I can't remember the last time I did that! Actually, I think I have probably never spent an entire day in this apartment before. It was nice though. I showered this morning, put my pajamas back on, and made cupcakes! Then I worked at my desk the rest of the day in my frosting-covered pajamas!

No comments: