Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Old-Fashioned Gingerbread (Page 703)

  • Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 10:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Jessie
  • Recipe Rating: B

I picked this one because I had all the ingredients for it in my pantry! I barely let this cool before I cut myself a piece, scooped some ice cream on top, and enjoyed a really very lovely dessert! The flavor of this gingerbread is so nice. And while the cake is tender with a nice crumb, there is a bit of a crust to it, which I really like. My only complaint is that it could be moister (I am really big on cake being moist!). Overall though: yum. I highly recommend it warm with vanilla ice cream!

Happy Valentines Day everyone! I had a long, but nice, day. I taught my section, went to class, gave my talk... I left for work this morning at 7:45am and I got home tonight after 8pm so I decided to take the rest of the night off and relax! I had popcorn for dinner (which I shamefully admit that I love to do), I talked to some friends on the phone, and I baked gingerbread. It was nice to take an evening off. Lately I have been working every night until the moment I go to bed. Tonight it was so refreshing to putter around the apartment in my slippers for a few hours instead of working!

I love Valentine's Day. I know, as someone who is single, that I am supposed to hate it. But I like the idea of there being a day when you are reminded to tell the people that you love that you care about them! I also love watching everyone head home from work, carrying flowers for their significant other or spouse. A friend sent beautiful roses to me at the department today. It was so surprising and nice to get flowers delivered to my office!

This is recipe number 50 in my project! 50 down, 1243 to go!

No comments: