Thursday, February 02, 2006

Risotto with Peas and Prosciutto (Page 255)

  • Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Palo Alto, CA
  • Kitchen: Chris' Apartment
  • Sous Chef: Chris
  • Dining Companions: Emilee, Brian, and Soren
  • Recipe Rating: A-

Well, this risotto wasn't as good at the red wine risotto from a few weeks ago, but it was pretty good! It was creamy and rich, but the lemon still brought a refreshing tone to it. The prosciutto and peas matched each other very well. It was an easy side dish to make, and everyone at the table agreed that it was enjoyable to eat.

Yesterday Soren took me out for a ride on his motorcycle! I had never been on one before. I was a little nervous -- motorcycles look like they could just tip right over! But in fact it wasn't nearly as scary as I had imagined. It felt very stable, and Soren is a really good driver. It was exhilirating! We drove up Foothill Expressway, where we could get up some speed. When we were going fast I was holding on to Soren pretty tightly. It occured to me that probably the only way we would get in an accident was if I accidentally squeezed Soren so tightly that he couldn't breathe -- that thought got me to loosen my grip a bit! :) Seriously, it was really, really fun. Now I want a motorcycle!

No comments: