Thursday, February 23, 2006

Lime Molasses Vinaigrette (Page 171)

  • Date: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Andre and Josh
  • Recipe Rating: D+

I picked this one out, and it was bad! I tossed the dressing with mixed greens, as suggested in the recipe, but then found myself unwilling to eat the result. I like every ingredient in this dressing: lime juice, molasses, Tabasco, etc..., but mixing them all together just did not yield a good result. I think it was really the molasses that made this salad dressing bad. It was so overpowering and unpleasant on the salad. Definitely not a recipe I would make again!!!

So I am back in Boston, after my midwest adventure! My trip went as well as I could have hoped, but I am so glad to be home. Giving the topology seminars at these other universities was just really stressful for me. The nice thing though about doing something that scares you is the feeling afterwards of knowing that you really challenged yourself. Tuesday night, sitting in my hotel room after my last talk was over, I felt like I had accomplished something.

I only have a few days at home and then I am leaving for a workshop in New Hampshire. I may post from there, as I am actually cooking dinner for 23 people all week at the workshop! I don't know if we'll have internet though, so maybe not...

No comments: