Friday, January 26, 2007

Classic Zabaglione (Page 834)

  • Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 -- 9:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Genevieve
  • Dining Companions: Matty, Matt, Ana, and Glen
  • Recipe Rating: A-
This recipe was on the list that I made with the random number generator, so we made it for dessert last Wednesday night. Zabaglione has so few ingredients that most recipes for it are essentially the same. While this recipe wasn't anything particularly innovative, it was delicious, as zabaglione invariably is! We served it with blackberries and strawberries, and everyone seemed to enjoy it a lot. I thought the ratio of marsala to other ingredients was excellent. The marsala flavor was definitely there, but the custard wasn't overpowered by it. For a dessert that can be made in ten minutes, this recipe was excellent!

There is a group of us that eats lunch together in the math department common room nearly every day. One of our many rituals is that we read our horoscopes at lunch. I'm a taurus. This week my horoscope was terrible every day. I have a theory that Eugenia (the Boston Globe horoscope writer) had a fight with her boyfriend/husband and he's a taurus. Either that or the stars are aligned against me...

In high school the girl who wrote the horoscopes for the school newspaper hated me. I never knew why, and everyone considered her to be a bit crazy/unstable so I never pushed the issue. But for many months the taurus horoscopes were completely unveiled attacks aimed at me! Instead of being any sort of predictions, they were just insults. The other taurus' at the school were none too happy about this, and many of them were aware that I was the target for her anger. Why, I don't know. It's still a mystery to me... I found it entertaining though to read what she thought of me in such a strange medium. I clipped them out and saved them for a long time but I seem to have lost them in one of my many moves...

2 comments:

vero said...

I remember these horoscopes!! They were great! I remember reading them during office hours and cracking up.

I can't believe it was meant for you.
Small world.

I guess I need to thank for being nasty to this crazy person!

Teena said...

Not in college, in high school! Although who knows, maybe I pissed off someone in college too :)