Thursday, January 04, 2007

Escarole, Sausage, and White Bean Stew (Page 270)

  • Date: Monday, January 1, 2007 -- 7:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Matty
  • Recipe Rating: B+
I made this stew on Monday because I wanted to make something I could freeze and eat throughout the week. It was pretty good. For a quick stew it had a lot of flavor. The beans, escarole, and sausage went very well together, both texturally and in terms of taste. Between the salt in the parmesan, the chicken broth, and the sausage, the stew came out a a little too salty. It was still very tasty though. Accompanied by some bread it made a very hearty meal.

Mike brought Issy (the cat) over to be cat-sit, so now she and I are bonding and watching 24 together. She can't seem to decide if she wants to hang out with me and be petted, explore the apartment, or hide under the bed. She's very cute though, so I don't mind if she's fickle! She does seem a little jealous of my laptop.

It's strange to me how I don't feel lonely when I am alone in my own apartment, but being alone in someone else's apartment often makes me lonely. Why is that? Maybe it's that I always have a lot of things to do in my own apartment, so it never occurs to me to feel lonely. Or maybe the feeling of being at home negates any lonely feelings. I don't know. It's lonely here at Matt's place tonight though. I do have Issy to keep me company, which is nice.

Speaking of, I think she wants some attention...

No comments: