Saturday, January 13, 2007

Eggnog Ice Cream (Page 856)

  • Date: Saturday, January 6, 2007 -- 9:30pm
  • Location: Cambridge, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Vero and Matty
  • Recipe Rating: C
Veronique invited me over for dinner last weekend and I made this ice cream to bring for dessert. I really didn't like it though (and I like ice cream!). It was incredibly boozy. The rum and cognac were so overpowering that the ice cream was almost hard to eat. With half as much alcohol it might have had a nice eggnog flavor to it, but as it was it just tasted like a bad ice cream drink. I definitely wouldn't recommend this recipe.

I got a lot of writing done on my thesis this week and I had a good meeting with Lars (my advisor) yesterday, so now I am feeling much calmer about things than I was a couple weeks ago. Today I took the day off from work, and just had the most restful day possible. I slept as late as the cat would allow me to, then I made huevos rancheros for breakfast. After some general laziness, I helped out with the math department mystery hunt team this afternoon for a few hours. (The mystery hunt is a bit hard to explain -- basically teams solve difficult puzzles of all different types for 3 days straight, 24 hours a day! As you solve the puzzles you get more puzzles and they all help you solve one big puzzle. I suppose that sounds a little bit awful, but actually it's fun. I don't have the puzze-solving energy to be there all the time and stay up all night, but I have enjoyed hanging out and working on a few puzzles.) Tonight, after I retired from the mystery hunting, Matt and I made ourselves a nice dinner. I had planned to go out after dinner, but staying in and having some peaceful time to myself was just too tempting!

No comments: