Sunday, December 09, 2007

Chinese Egg Drop Soup with Noodles (Page 94)

  • Date: Saturday, December 8, 2007 -- 7pm
  • Location: Bloomington, IN
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companion: Tricia, Mike M, Teresa, Cornelia, and Matty
  • Recipe Rating: A


I chose this soup to go with dinner yesterday because it seemed appropriate for the pan-Asian theme. I wasn't expecting this to be bad or anything, but I also wasn't expecting to be wowed by it though. Nonetheless, I was wowed. I think this was the best egg drop soup I have ever had. It had an amazing flavor, and a lot of body for a quick soup. The key, perhaps, was that I used the homemade chicken stock I made last week. I don't think it would have been nearly as good with broth from a can. But as it was, I found it be lovely. The flavors were balanced beautifully, and the egg and noodles were in just the right quantity. If you are looking for a super-quick soup that satisfies, I highly recommend this recipe. It is a winner.

Here is the recipe.

I am done! I taught a 2 hour plus review session tonight, and now I am done teaching for the semester! On Tuesday we will have loads of finals to grade, so I am not completely done with my course, but basically it's over. Standing in front of them tonight, having both of my classes together for the first time, it occurred to me how much I like my students. Sure, they drove me nuts sometimes, but overall they are a really great group. I got to know quite a few of them pretty well, and they are very likable.

I feel quite triumphant to have made it through my first semester lecturing my own classes. Even more so to not only have survived it, but to have enjoyed it! I think I will miss my students (well, maybe not every single one...). But, next semester I will have new ones to get to know! I am told that the students in the class I am teaching next might not be quite as likable as the ones I have this semester, but I am going into it with an open mind! In the meantime, I think I will have a beer and celebrate the end of the semester!

No comments: