Saturday, October 21, 2006

Cream Biscuits (Page 596)

  • Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 9pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Matt H, Glen, Ana, and Jessie
  • Recipe Rating: A-
Mysteriously enough, the recipe for these Cream Biscuits is in The Book twice, in two different places: once with the Strawberry Shortcake recipe, and once in the Breads and Crackers section. I decided I don't need to make it twice, but I did count it twice when I calculated the recipe totals, so I am adding it to the blog (again) for completeness. I have nothing new to add by way of commentary -- they were extremely good!

This weekend I have returned to the kitchen. For some reason lately I haven't been cooking much. I am still making progress on the project because the Wednesday crew comes every week and we make 5-7 recipes. But I haven't been doing much cooking on my own, and I'm not really sure why. I've been busy, but usually I don't let the rest of my life overwhelm my urge to cook. Last night I made a real dinner for myself for the first time in a long time. I made this huge noodle dish from The Book, and when I was done, I just stared at it and thought, "How am I going to eat all this?" Luckily, Matt stopped by, starving, and helped me out with it. Today I made 4 more recipes. I went through a period a couple years ago where every Saturday morning I would make a huge pot of soup and fresh bread. It was a really nice way to start the weekend. I love puttering around the apartment with something yummy simmering on the stove. Today I made a big pot of ragu, and now the whole apartment is warm and smells fabulous. I also made cupcakes, which are such a happy food. It's hard to have a bad day when you have cupcakes!

The downside of doing so much cooking: I am really, desperately behind in my blogging. At this moment I think I am 9+ recipes behind! Oy! Maybe I will find some time to catch up a bit later today (after my run!).

No comments: