Monday, October 30, 2006

Perciatelli with Sausage Ragu and Meatballs (Page 222)

  • Date: Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 7:30pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Ricky, Matt, Vero, Philippe, Marco, Glen, Angelica, Jessie, Lauren, Denis, Matt H, and Ana
  • Recipe Rating: B+
I picked this recipe for the pasta potluck dinner last Sunday because it takes a long time to make! During the week I can only cook after work, which makes it hard to do the recipes that are start to finish 4 hours like this one is! So on the weekends I try to make some progress on the longer recipes. I don't even know where to begin with this recipe. Let me say first that it tasted really good. There were many, many negative comments about it, but no one really disputed that it tasted good. Perhaps Angelica summarized it best when she said "I was scared by the sausage!" There was a lot of sausge, but the big problem was really with the presentation instructions, which were to pile all the sausages and meatballs on top of the pasta. It was very intimidating looking at a huge bowl covered in sausage. There was a lot of pasta there, but it was difficult to get to, and many people (like Angelica) were scared off by the sausage. Vero and Philippe gave me a particularly hard time about the sausage! After the party I sliced up the sausage and mixed it in to the pasta. I brought it in to the department that way the next day for Matt and Ana Rita, and they responded much more positively to it than the party crowd on Sunday night. The ragu had a great flavor, but if I make it again, I will definitely mix the pasta in with the meat before serving.

Veronique today was threatening to make a ghost blog of my blog. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I am pretty sure it's not a good thing. She has been asking for the picture of this dish for days now (I guess Philippe wants to write something on his blog that requires this lovely sausage-filled picture!) so I am a little concerned that this picture will also be featured prominently on Vero's ghost blog! I know she bought a book of cocktail recipes and was going to do a similar project to mine with her book! Perhaps that will be the inspiration for the ghost blog? I don't know. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: