Thursday, October 05, 2006

Greek Salad (Page 143)

  • Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chefs: Peter and Marco
  • Dining Companions: Matt H and Ana
  • Recipe Rating: B

Last Wednesday we spent a long time cooking, so this Wednesday several members of my weekly cooking crew requested quicker recipes. Thus, I picked only recipes that claimed to take 30 minutes or less for last night's dinner. I chose this one because it was one of the few quick salads I haven't made yet. It was fine. All of the ingredients were good, and tasted good combined with one another. We debated a bit whether or not the chunks of tomatoes were too big. They were pretty that way, but so large that they were a bit unappetizing. Plus, the ratio of tomatoes to other ingredients was too high. After dinner, the only things left in the salad bowl were tomatoes. The flavors were good though. It was a very typical Greek salad. I liked it, but if I made it again I would add a little more feta and fewer tomatoes, cut to a more reasonable size.

Today is Jessie's birthday and she is having a birthday party here tomorrow. The one thing I really needed to do tonight was make her birthday cake. Ten minutes in, a pipe in the kitchen burst. Seriously. Making cake without an operable sink is difficult I discovered.

I was in a weird mood today. It wasn't a particularly bad mood, but I must have looked a little off. The first person I saw in the department asked me if I was sick. I said no, and he said, "Oh, you look sick." Later in the day Tony (our fabulous administrator in headquarters) asked me if he was going to find me passed out in the hallway with a Toblerone bar. Apparently I was not looking so good today! I am feeling very peaceful tonight though, drinking a beer, eating SweeTarts, and editing my research statement.

No comments: