Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Individual Molten Chocolate Cakes (Page 742)

  • Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 10pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Ana, Craig, Matty, Glen, and Jessie
  • Recipe Rating: A-
I picked this one for dessert last Wednesday because Ana really likes all things chocolate and we hadn't had a chocolate dessert in a few weeks. The recipe was quite good. When cooked to the specified doneness in the recipe, I thought the cakes were a little too molten though. They would have been better after another 2 minutes in the oven. That said, everyone loved this dessert. One person offered that it would be better with a raspberry coulis rather than the coffee creme anglaise. I tend to agree, but several people stood strongly behind the creme anglaise sauce. Everyone but me gave this recipe an A grade, but I had to give it an A- because I have a molten chocolate cake recipe that I think is a bit better.

The usual Wednesday crew didn't cook tonight because everyone was too busy! It was sad not to have our weekly cooking/eating fun, but at least it will give me a chance to catch up a bit on my blogging!

I am at my friend's house as I write this, where we are both supposed to be working. Clearly, I am blogging instead. He is concentrating on picking out music to inspire him to work. After he went through 3 or 4 different artists, I started laughing at him, but I do understand the need for the right music in the right moment. I have a hard time working when it is silent. A few weeks ago I lost my iPod for 3 days, and I was at a complete loss without it. I had a really hard time concentrating without the ability to put on my headphones, turn up the music and block out everything else. The one thing I really can't do without music is run. I love to run, but I am completely dependent on music to keep me moving. Oh, he just changed the music again... what is this? It sounds familiar... Lisa Shaw apparently?!? It's not bad work music... maybe I should try to do some work to it! Oh no, wait, he's changing it again...

1 comment:

s.j.simon said...

lol. did you know that chocolate was banned in switzerland for many years. read this