Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Mango Tart (Page 784)

  • Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 -- 10pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Peter
  • Dining Companions: Matt H, Ana, and Glen
  • Recipe Rating: B+

This recipe was a compromise in a disagreement where Ana wanted orange slices for dessert and I wanted strawberry shortcake. The logic by which we came to this recipe is still unclear, but it was pretty good. This recipe called for frozen puff pastry, which was easy, and came out beautifully browned, crispy, and delicious. The lime cream under the mangoes was extremely tasty. Overall this was a quick dessert that everyone liked. There wasn't anything incredibly special about it, but it was quite nice. The picture is saved on a different computer so I will post it tomorrow.

Chris is in town for a few days, so I came out to Southboro tonight to visit with him and his family. The rental car place gave Chris a convertible because they didn't have the car he requested, so we have been driving around with the top down. I love riding in convertibles! Last night we drove around Cambridge and Boston for more than an hour, singing along to the radio and enjoying the crisp night air. It was the perfect rejuvenation for me. A couple people pointed and stared at us like we were crazy (may have had something to do with me singing along to the country music) and one guy asked us for a ride to South Station.

I love riding in the car. My high school boyfriend, Jason, and I used to ride around for hours, just listening to music and enjoying the Wisconsin countryside. Those are my favorite memories with him: sitting in the passenger seat of his purple station wagon, with one foot out the window, a whitewater kayak strapped to the top of the car, driving out to the middle of nowhere...

No comments: