Saturday, October 07, 2006

Garlic Bread (Page 606)

  • Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chefs: Matt H, Ana, Marco, and Peter
  • Recipe Rating: B+

I chose this one for dinner on Wednesday because it was another quick recipe. There were mixed opinions. Matt and I liked it. Everyone else complained that it wasn't very exciting. I agree that it wasn't particularly unusual, but it tasted good! Matt pointed out that it was also so easy to make that it would be practical even for people who don't cook so much... It was appropriately butery and garlicky, and the parsley was a nice addition both for flavor and color. I liked it.

I had to go to the doctor yesterday for a physical. I saw a doctor that I had never met before. She was really nice, but she had the unusual quality that she phrased every question with the word "we." "Have we been eating enough calcium? Have we been gaining or losing any weight? Have we been doing out breast self-exams?" It was a little absurd... When the questions started getting more personal -- "Have we had any new sexual partners in the last year?" -- I seriously had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

After the doctor we went to the gym to get our exercise ("Have we been exercising?")... oh no wait, that was just me! I had a good workout, which was a little surprising since I ate mac and cheese and chocolate peanut butter frosting for lunch! My lunch choices did make it difficult to answer "Have we been eating healthy?"

No comments: