Sunday, October 29, 2006

Curried Noodles with Vegetables (Page 243)

  • Date: Friday, October 20, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Dining Companions: Matty and Jessie
  • Recipe Rating: B
I picked this one to make for dinner last Friday because I had a craving for stir-fried noodles and vegetables. This recipe was pretty good. Unlike some of the other recipes in The Book with rice stick noodles, the noodles didn't have a gelatinous quality to them (Brian, I know you're crushed!). The vegetables were perfectly crisp-tender. The vegetables even incorporated well with the noodles, which can sometimes be a problem with dishes like this. My only big complaint is that the curry flavor itself wasn't great. The dish had a whole lot of curry powder in it, and no other spices, and the flavor reflected that. It tasted like curry from a jar. It was still very satisfying though.

I had a really wonderful, really relaxing weekend! Mike was in town, so I got to see him and Tim for dinner last night, which was fun. We went to Border Cafe -- I hadn't been there in a long time. One summer a bunch of us went there almost every Sunday night. The food there isn't particularly amazing, but I have a real soft spot in my heart for chips and margaritas! Ok, ok, full disclosure: I prefer non-alcoholic strawberry margaritas to ones with alcohol in them! Last night Mike and Tim ordered real margaritas and they came in real maragarita glasses. My virgin margarita came in a plastic water cup! Apparently if you order a drink suitable for a 5 year-old, they give you a cup suitable for a 5 year-old! It was tasty though!

We had a fun dinner. Matt came too -- he had never met Mike and Tim before, and he instantly sided with Mike in all our disagreements and they ganged up against me! It's never a good idea to bring friends from different time periods together! Lots of semi-embarassing stories changed hands...

No comments: