Saturday, October 14, 2006

Tahini Sauce (Page 891)

  • Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 8pm
  • Location: Somerville, MA
  • Kitchen: My Apartment
  • Fellow Chef: Matt H
  • Dining Companions: Glen and Ana
  • Recipe Rating: A-

I picked this one to go with dinner on Wednesday because the "Sauces and Salsas" section is AGAIN the one I am most behind on. (Note: I have now done at least 10% of the recipes in each of the 21 sections of The Book!). This tahini sauce was quite good. We made falafel for dinner (more on that when I get to that entry) and this sauce was perfect with the falafel. The only complaint, which Matt voiced and I agree with, was that this sauce had a little more bite than it should. We both speculated that perhaps the tahini we started with wasn't as fresh as it could have been... That wouldn't be the fault of the the recipe though. This sauce was good, and when I next make falafel, I will be sure to make it!

I did it! I finished my job applications! I went in to the office and sent the last 10 this morning/afternoon, and now I am done! I am pretty excited. After I finished, I went shopping! It was really fun. I wanted to spend some time by myself, just enjoying having the stress of applications out of my system. Shopping was very therapeutic. Then I went running, which is always the right thing to do at the end of a stressful time.

Tonight, Jacob and I celebrated with beer and nachos for dinner (ok, ok, Jacob had salad for dinner, and I had nachos!). Then we watched this movie "Brick" which I thought I would hate (based on Jacob and I having totally opposite taste in movies, and him really liking this one...) but in fact it was quite good!

I'm so excited about being done! Yay!!! Now I don't have to think about it again until at least January, when I will start to hear back...

No comments: